Aquarium RO Filters, UV and Filtration Media
Clean, pure water is a priority for almost all fish and plants. No equipment is more effective in helping create ideal water conditions than Reverse Osmosis (RO) units. These units filter out up to 99% of chemicals found in tap water by forcing tap water through a semi-permeable membrane. Our RO membranes are manufactured in The USA by Dow and have independent certification by the NSF.
Now that our water authorities are replacing chlorine with chloroamines as disinfectants, we should be particularly concerned about the well-being of our fish and marine invertebrates.
- Chloramine is toxic to fish, amphibians, and water-based reptiles and marine invertebrates. Chloramine enters directly into the bloodstream of fish, and amphibians through gills and skin, respectively.
- Chloramine must be removed from the water with a GAC (granular activated carbon) filter followed by a reverse osmosis or Cation filter. Note: The GAC filtration filters out only the chlorine from the chloramine molecule leaving the ammonia behind. More info.
Aquarium RO’s from Pacific Water Technology-Keeping your fish happy!
Considerations when choosing your Aquarium Filter:
- How many filtration stages do I actually require?
- How many gallons per day (GPD) of purified water do I need?
- What type of filtration do I need?
- What do I want to remove from my tap water?
- Does my tap water contain chloramine – as this may require extended activated carbon treatment?
Different RO units feature various number of filtration stages, generally between 2 and 4.
- 2-stage RO units are light and compact, making them easy to store and move around. They contain a small inline pre-filter and the RO membrane. A good choice when space is limited, 2-stage units represent good value at an economical price.
- 3-stage RO units are larger, and contain one or more large carbon or sediment pre-filters to protect the delicate membranes. They are high quality, excellent choices for regular use, and tend to last longer than the 2-stage units.
- 4-stage RO units include an additional final step of deionisation, taking the 3-stage unit to a higher level. The deionisation unit removes the small amount of contaminants remaining, filtering the water to less than 0 ppm TDS. The new cartridge may release some amines when new .
We also offer a portable reverse osmosis system that easily connects to an outdoor tap . This system provides chemical free and mineralised water for your pets. No longer do you have to expose your best friend to harmful chemicals like chloramines and fluoride.
Healthy chemical free alkaline water for your pets