Description – 5 Micron Sediment Filter Cartridge
The 5 Micron poly-spun propylene Sediment Filter Cartridges are used in residential point-of-use applications like kitchens.
- Economical light weight filters for standard 10″ housings.
- Certified by NSF 42 and FDA CFR title 21.
- The sediment filter cartridge’s coreless design is an economical solution to pre-filtration for many applications.
- They are used widely as pre-filtration for RO systems and post-filtration for GAC filters.
- They are also used in applications such as Ice Machines, Film Processing, Beverage, Coffee, Analytical, Wineries, and many others.
Bacteria range in size from 0.2 to 2 microns in width or diameter and from 1 to 10 microns in length for the nonspherical specie, so a 1-micron filter will remove most bacteria and cysts. If you are on municipal water, the water has already been treated with chlorine, chloramines and/or fluoride to remove bacteria, so chances are you do not have a bacteria problem, unless there is a problem with the water pipes between the water reclamation plant and your home. Although many customer purchase the 1-micron absolute for the kitchen because it can remove some pharmaceutical drugs, too,
If you are on well water and have a bacteria problem, installing a 1-micron absolute water filter at the point of use will remove most of the bacteria (99.9%), however, if your water has tested positive for bacteria, it is safer to install a chlorine injection water sanitizing tank to purify the water before it enters the house, followed by a whole-house filter to remove the chlorine.
- Polypropylene Sediment, 4 layer structure nominal micron rating.
- Reduces fine sediment, sand, silt, rust and scale
- Suitable for Municipal and well water
Nominal = the SMALLEST size particle that may get trapped.
In other words, the smallest particle a 25 micron nominally rated system can trap is 25 microns. This doesn’t mean a 50 or 100 micron particle may pass through.
Absolute = the LARGEST particle size that can get through the openings in the filter element.
Specifications- Sediment Filter Cartidge 5 Micron:
|Micron Rating:||5 Nominal|
|Dimensions:||9-7/8″ x 2.5″|
|Filter Life:||Recommended every 6 months|