About Commercial Sand Filters -next-Sand
next-Sand is a remarkable advance in media filtration technology used in our commercial sand filters. Based on a rare natural mineral that is highly processed and refined, next-Sand’s unique properties allow it to radically alter the performance and cost of media filtration. The hardness, stability and micro-porous character of nextsand makes it a perfect filtration media for virtually every application in the water and wastewater treatment industry.
Features- Commercial Sand Filters with next-sand Filtration media
The unique properties of next Sand high purity Clinoptilolite filter media allow it to radically alter the performance and cost of media filtration. Compared to conventional sand or multimedia filtration beds, the main advantages are as follows:
- High filtration performance-3-5 micron removal.
- High capacity filtration throughout the entire nextsand bed depth provides more than twice the capacity of multimedia filtration.
- High Service Flow– 3-4 times that of multimedia with superior filtration.
- Long lasting media (>5 years) not consumed in the process.
- Simple periodic backwash keeps the media clean and operating efficiently.
next Sand is NSF61 and BS6920 certified and complies to EU draft standard pr EN16070 for drinking water.
Physical properties as follows:
Composition: High purity Alumino-Silicate (Clinoptilolite)
Size: 0.4-1.4mm (Approx 14×40 mesh)
Colour: Dark Grey
Surface Area: 25m²/gram
Surface Absorption: Hydrophilic
Thermal Stability: Stable to 500˚C
Coeffficient of Uniformity: 1.7
Bed Void Volume: 55%
Surface Charge: Net Negative
- RO Pretreatment–superior SDI reduction
- Cooling Towers–unequalled Turbidity removal
- Municipal Water Treatment, pressure and gravity filters–higher flow, lower pressure drop and superior filtration performance
- Wastewater Polishing–exceptional TSS removal
- Precipitated metals removal
- Carwash reclaim and recycling
Features FRP Filter
- Automated backwash control valve
- Easy programming with manual backwash option
- Fibreglass reinforced resin tank with 10 year structural warranty