COMPLETE HOME WATER QUALITY TESTS KIT
If your water comes from a rain water tank or any other source, it’s a good idea to have one of these complete home water quality tests kit on hand and test your water at least twice per year. The inexpensive Complete Water Test kit allows you, in a few simple steps, to determine if your water contains harmful or undesirable levels of bacteria, copper, iron, pesticide, chlorine, nitrate, nitrite, pH and hardness. It is important to remember that your water may contain low levels of some substances, but it is only considered harmful above levels set by the EPA.
Complete Home Water Quality Tests Kit Includes:
COMPLETE Home water quality Tests Kit is the first water quality test kit that lives up to its name. Measuring for Bacteria, Nitrates, Nitrites, Hydrogen Sulfide, Total Hardness, Total Alkalinity, Total Chlorine, Free Chlorine, Chloride, Copper, Sulfate, Iron, and pH, COMPLETE Test Kit gives you rapid, comprehensive results that help to ensure safe drinking water without sacrificing cost.
- Iron: 0.0, 0.05, 0.1, 0.3, 1.0 ppm (mg/L)
- Copper: 0, 0.1, 0.5, 1.0, 2.0 ppm (mg/L)
- Chloride: 0, 250, 500 ppm (mg/L)
- Nitrate: 0, 2.0, 10, 20, 50, ppm (mg/L) (as N)
- Nitrite: 0, 0.2, 1.0, 1.5, 3.0 ppm (mg/L) (as N)
- pH: 2.0, 4.0, 5.0, 6.5, 8.5, 9.5, 10.5, 12
- Total Alkalinity: 0, 80, 120, 180, 240, 500 ppm (mg/L)
- Total Chlorine: 0, 0.2, 1, 4, 10 ppm (mg/L)
- Total Hardness: 0, 50, 120, 250, 425, 1000 ppm (mg/L)
- Free Chlorine: 0, 0.5, 0.2, 0.6, 1.5, 4.0, 10 ppm (mg/L)
- Sulphate: 0, 250, >500
- Hydrogen Sulfide: 0, 0.2, 2.0 ppm (mg/L)
- Bacteria: presence / absence media for total coliforms
Why test your water?
- Strains of E. coli bacteria can cause serious illness or even death.
- Copper can cause liver and kidney damage in infants.
- Nitrates from fertilizers and animal waste can cause developmental problems.
- Pesticides from agricultural uses have been linked to increased cancer rates.
- Chlorine can increase cancer risk
- Iron causes staining of laundry, dishes, bathtubs and sinks. It can clog pipes and gives off an offensive odour if Hydrogen Sulphide is also present.
- Low pH levels can cause heavy metal leaching and plumbing damage.
- Water hardness causes lime scale and requires higher detergent use.
Treatment of water
We offer a wide range of treatment options that are environmentally friendly and remove a broad spectrum of contaminants. We also offer ozone and ultraviolet disinfection technologies that provide primary disinfection without adding any chemicals to the water. Our filtration media includes ion specific synthetic adsorbents including ion exchange media, activated carbon and speciality fitration media designed to remove heavy metals. For soft and acidic water as is the case with rain water we offer various treatment options including calcite filters. This will make the water less aggressive reducing the risk of corrosion.