Description of the alkaline water filter KCW-006
Benefits of an alkaline water filter
Water that is alkaline has antioxidant properties that help by counteracting free radicals. These free radicals can cause pre-mature aging and other types of conditions. The antioxidants are in liquid form which allows for quicker absorption into the system. So these benefits are significantly clear since alkaline water has anti-aging and anti-diseases properties. It is also believed that in this water for drinking there are certain elements that will aid in developing cancer resistance. Also see our blog about alkaline water filters.
Along with the body cleansing of the inner systems, water that is alkaline also rejuvenates the skin and keeps it hydrated. It aids the skin in replacing tissues and as well contributes to its elasticity and the overall health of the skin.
pH is a figure between 0 and 14 defining how acidic or basic a body of water is along a logarithmic scale ¹. The lower the number, the more acidic the water is. The higher the number, the more basic it is. A pH of 7 is considered neutral. The logarithmic scale means that each number below 7 is 10 times more acidic than the previous number when counting down. Likewise, when counting up above 7, each number is 10 times more basic than the previous number.
The KCW-006 alkaline water filter is a multi-stage filtration system including pre-filtration, ultrafiltration and a mineral filter producing alkaline water with a high mineral content. Drinking alkaline water has numerous health benefits. The KCW-006 alkaline ultrafiltration system uses thousands of ultrafiltration hollow fibre membrane strands. Each membrane strand contains billions of microscopic pores. Household water pressure pushes water molecules through these pores towards the hollow centre of the membrane. The membrane filtration provides 99.9999% reduction of bacteria and 99.99% of virus by mechanical means. Filtered water then flows through each fibre and is distributed to every household fixture.
Due to the small pore size, particles that are too large to pass through are physically blocked out, while dissolved salts and essential minerals freely pass through.
Unlike Reverse Osmosis, Ultrafiltration does not remove the dissolved mineral salts, hence the filtered water is not acidic and provides improved health benefits.
Features of the KCW-006 alkaline water filter
- Purifies the tap water, removing the bacteria, eliminating the chlorine , heavy metals and other harmful substances. The refreshing water could help to clean the fruit, vegetables and used for cooking.
- Produces refreshing and great tasting drinking water, and also makes your coffee and tea more aromatic.
- Low negative ORP (ORP:-200mv~ -500mv), giving it strong and measurable antioxidant potential, which has significant health benefits.
- Alkaline water(PH: 8.5~9.8), improves your systemic acid/alkaline balance, enhances your immune system.
- Includes Tourmaline:Tourmaline is well known for its ability to aid in the detoxification process, and for balancing metabolic functions.When placed in water, slight pressure contributes to a piezoelectric effect that supports water’s crystalline structure.
- Includes MAI-FAN CERAMIC STONE- This rare natural mineral stone, combines with water to generate indispensable minerals for the body, such as Calcium, Iron, Silicon, Magnesium and Aluminium, at the same time, revitalising the water, emitting FIR (far-infrared rays) to produce `living water’.
The alkaline ultrafiltration system comprises of the following stages :
- Stage 1: Ultrafiltration(UF): Removal of all bacteria, viruses and cysts.
- Stage 2: Mineral Filter: Addition of healthy minerals to the water.
- Stage 3 and 4: Two post-activated carbon filters to remove any traces of chlorine, odour, taste and fluoride from the water.
The KCW -006 Alkaline Ultrafiltration system provides a flow of up to 120 l/hr of filtered drinking water.