About nextsand High- Performance Filtration Media
Nextsand is a remarkable advance in media filtration technology. Based on a rare natural mineral that is highly processed and refined, nextsand’s unique properties allow it to radically alter the performance and cost of media filtration. The hardness, stability and micro-porous character of nextsand makes it a perfect filtration media for virtually every application in the water and wastewater treatment industry.
Over recent times, multimedia filters have been progressively replaced with Zeolite filters. Natural zeolites are a low cost resource recognised for their unique absorption, catalytic and ion exchange, properties; Clinoptilolite is a natural zeolite but it varies greatly in both structure and purity. NextSand is a rare high-purity Clinoptilolite that offers the very best characteristics for use as water filtration media.
Nextsand is considered the world’s most advanced turbidity reduction media. In addition to providing much finer filtration than traditional sand and multi-media filters, Nextsand requires less backwash rate and volume, has higher service flow rates for a given volume of media, and it costs less too! It also outperforms FilterAg, MicroZ, FilterZ and all other multi media used for turbidity reduction. Nextsand does not replace other water treatment steps including coagulation and flocculation. Fine suspended solids including bentonite will require pre-treatment prior to passing through the nextsand filter.
Features- nextsand Filtration media
- High filtration performance-3-5 micron removal.
- High capacity filtration throughout the entire nextsand bed depth provides more than twice the capacity of multimedia filtration.
- High Service Flow– 3-4 times that of multimedia with superior filtration.
- Long lasting media (>5 years) not consumed in the process.
- Simple periodic backwash keeps the media clean and operating efficiently.
- RO Pretreatment–superior SDI reduction
- Cooling Towers–unequalled Turbidity removal
- Municipal Water Treatment, pressure and gravity filters–higher flow, lower pressure drop and superior filtration performance
- Wastewater Polishing–exceptional TSS removal
- Precipitated metals removal
- Carwash reclaim and recycling