Replacement Filters RO – Value Pack (5 Stages) for RO Systems
Stage 1- 5 Micron sediment filter
Stage2- Granular activated carbon filter
- Ideal for Home RO Systems
- High purity acid rinsed activated carbon ideal for post-filtration
- Reduces chlorine and chloramines in water
- Reduces organic contaminants including those that cause bad taste and odours.
- Very efficient and high capacity
Granulated Carbon (GAC) has long been utilised to reduce impurities in potable water. It is widely recognised for its adsorption capacity plus its ability to reduce dissolved organics and chemicals such as chlorine. These and other impurities can cause undesirable taste, odour and colour in water. Sediment reduction is down to 5 microns.
T28 = Standard Coconut Shell GAC (Granular Activated Carbon) – Ideal for use as RO Prefiltration (20×50 Mesh GAC)
T33 = Acid Rinsed (for higher purity) Coconut Shell Coal based GAC – Ideal for use as a polishing filter, for drinking water or RO Post-filtration (12×40 Mesh GAC)
T40 = Acid Rinsed (for higher purity) Coconut Shell Coal based GAC – Ideal for use as a polishing filter, for drinking water or RO Post-filtration (12×40 Mesh GAC)
Granulated Carbon (GAC) has long been utilised to reduce impurities in potable water. It is widely recognised for its adsorption capacity plus its ability to reduce dissolved organics and chemicals such as chlorine. These and other impurities can cause undesirable taste, odour and colour in water. All carbon filters remove chlorine, taste and odour and have sediment reduction down to 5 microns.
Stage 3- Carbon Block Filter 5 Micron
Solid carbon blocks are one of the most effective and widely used technologies in the Point Of Use (POU) drinking water treatment industry. Carbon block is mainly comprised of activated carbon granules and a binding agent that allows the carbon granules to maintain a static position relative to each other. Carbon block immobilises carbon particles to promote uniformity of performance, stopping water from channeling, which is common with GAC( Granualat Activated Carbon). GAC typically is packed in a loose bed that is contained in an enclosed cartridge or pressure vessel. Water flows through the loose column of carbon, taking the path of least resistance. Carbon block is formed into a cartridge of predetermined dimensions. The use of end caps forces water to flow through the carbon block’s pores.
How Carbon Blocks Filters work:
1. The most obvious filtration process is known as mechanical filtration. Mechanical filtration works like a sieve, where particulates with a larger physical size than the pores of the filter are strained out. Carbon blocks can mechanically filter particles as small as one-half micron (submicron).
2. Another filtration process used in some carbon blocks with a specially designed outer wrap is known as electro-kinetic adsorption. This process works as water passes through the outer wrap, which causes the material in the wrap to acquire a positive molecular charge that attracts negative ions of certain pollutants.
3. Carbon blocks also utilise physical adsorption. This is the process by which the carbon itself attracts pollutants. Activated carbon particles have a very large surface area to attract and hold pollutants. Specially formulated binders used in compressed carbon blocks can avoid masking the surface of the carbon, thereby optimising its ability to reduce levels of pollutants.
Stage 4: 50 GPD Dow RO membrane (fits standard RO housings)
Details : Dow Filmtec Membranes.
DOW Filmtec TW30-1812 Reverse Osmosis Membrane. Processes 50 -200 gallons per day.( Depending on model selection) Filmtec TW30 RO replacement water filter membrane that fits many standard RO systems.
Stage 5: Activated carbon in-line polishing filter.