Nextsand media filters for suspended solids removal and turbidity reduction
NextSand is a remarkable advance in media filtration technology. Based on a rare natural mineral that is highly processed and refined, nextSand’s unique properties allow it to significantly alter the performance and cost of media filtration. The hardness, stability and micro-porous character of nextSand makes it a perfect filtration media for virtually every application in the water and wastewater treatment industry.NextSand has high filtration performance at <5 micron compared to 12 to 15 micron for multi media. It also has a higher flow capacity, typically three to four times that of multimedia.
Over recent times, multimedia filters have been progressively replaced with Zeolite filters. Natural zeolites are a low cost resource recognised for their unique absorption, catalytic and ion exchange, properties; Clinoptilolite is a natural zeolite but it varies greatly in both structure and purity. NextSand is a rare high-purity Clinoptilolite that offers the very best characteristics for use as water filtration media.
NextSand is considered the world’s most advanced turbidity reduction media. In addition to providing much finer filtration than traditional sand and multi-media filters, NextSand requires less backwash rate and volume, has higher service flow rates for a given volume of media, and it costs less too! It also outperforms FilterAg, MicroZ, FilterZ and all other multi media used for turbidity reduction. Nextsand does not replace other water treatment steps including coagulation and flocculation. Fine suspended solids including bentonite will require pre-treatment prior to passing through the nextsand filter.
Features of NextSand Filters
- Most efficient filter on the market for turbidity reduction.
- Very fine filtration (3 to 5 microns nominal filtration possible)
- High capacity filtration throughout the entire nextSand bed depth provides more than twice the dirt-holding capacity of multimedia filtration.
- Cost-effective and long-lasting media (>5 years)
- Superior flow rates 3-4 times that of multimedia
- Optional automated periodic backwash -keeps the media clean and operating efficiently
- Simple operation with no day-to-day maintenance
next Sand is suitable for use in gravity feed systems, as well as pressurised vessels(vertical or horizontal) It can be therefore used in a wide range of applications in the water and waste water industry .
Applications of nextSand :
- Reverse osmosis pre treatment with superior silt density index (SDI) reduction
- Cooling towers with excellent turbidity removal
- Municipal water treatment, pressure and gravity filters with higher flow, low pressure drop and superior filtration performance
- Desalination and brackish water treatment RO plants
- Swimming pool and Spa filtration with high Ammonia removal
- Wastewater polishing with very effective total suspended solids (TSS) removal
- Precipitated metals removal
- Carwash water recycling
- Recycling of water used in dairies, vegetable washing etc.
Pacific Water Technology is based in Brisbane and we ship nextSand media nationwide to all states. We can design the nextSand media filter to meet your specific needs and water quality parameters. Just give us a call on 1300 CLEANWATER or complete the enquiry form on our website.